According to a new study by AAA, the average American drives 29.2 miles per day or 13,474 miles per year. That is a lot of time on the road. Unfortunately, this means most drivers at some point will have to deal with a traffic ticket. A traffic ticket brings a fine, increased insurance premiums and point on driving record. So is there a way to keep your California driving record clean?
How To Keep Your Driving Record Clean
- Obey All Speed Limits and Signs – Accidents are more likely to happen if a vehicle is going faster or slower compared to the other vehicles around them. Drive the speed limit.
- Wear a Seatbelt – You can be fined for not wearing your seatbelt. A seatbelt keeps you safe!
- Be Patient – Don’t rush when on the road.
- Use Turn Signals – Let other drives know what you are doing. Always use turn signals when changing lanes or turning.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Stay Alert – Be aware of the other cars on the road.
- Don’t make sudden stops or lane changes.
- Avoid Distractions – Don’t use phone or other electronic devices while driving.
Trial By Written Declaration
If you do find yourself getting a ticket, there is still a way to keep your driving record clean. It is called trial by written declaration. Trial by written declaration is fighting your traffic ticket through a writing instead of going to court. If your ticket is dismissed, there will be no fine, no point and no ticket on your record.
What about traffic school? Traffic school is an option. However, even though traffic school does hide the point from your insurance, you will still have to pay a fine and the ticket will still be visible on your driving record.
TicketBust has been helping drivers in California successfully fight traffic citations using Trial by Written Declaration for decades. We have successfully handled thousands of citations for California drivers. Tells us about your ticket and circumstances then our system will build you a written defense that can be sent to court.
To learn more about getting yourticket dismissed using Trial By Written Declaration, visit us at ticketbust.com.